Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I a big girl.

As the school year winds down for me (Papa) I have a few half days, today being the first. I went to pick our little Bella-Boo up from daycare so she could take her nap at home. Upon picking her up she promptly asked, "Where's Mama?"

"She's at work," I replied.


"Oh...I Like her!" was Bella's response.


The ride home was hearing about Bella's Likes and Dislikes:

She likes the white car...she does not like the "big truck pulling the wagon." (a semi)

She likes Ms. Michelle...she does not like the cowboy song on the elmo cd.

She likes her monkey...she does not like the thunder.


When we arrived at home I asked her if she was ready for a nap. "Want to see Mama" was the reply. So we left Mama a voicemail message at work. Then Bella requested to watch Dora Mermaid. I gladly fixed her a cozy spot on the Bella Couch (Love seat) and popped in the Dora Mermaid DVD, knowing the last time we did this she was asleep in minutes.

After five minutes Bella sat up, watching intently. I gently reminded her that she needed to lie down. I was met with a furrowed brow, a firm headshaking, and, "No Papa, I a big girl. i dont need to lay down. I not a baby, I a big girl." She then lay her head on her Dora pillow and continued to watch. What a big girl!

No comments: