I can't believe we are almost halfway through September! I think the three of us are anxious for fall to arrive, but it feels like maybe it's coming a little too fast!
Everyone is back at school now. Anthony is quite enjoying his classes this year (particularly honors theology). My students have been wonderful so far, a fantastic class to work with in terms of college advising. We both have great expectations for this semester.
Bella was Student of the Week during her first week back at Little Raiders Daycare! She made the transition from home to daycare so seamlessly that Misses Michelle, Wilhemina, and Moriah wanted to reward her. We were so proud of her! She was very excited to be back at school with Jenna, Maddie, and little baby Ryan (who isn't really a little baby anymore!).
She is just a little chatterbox now...her vocabulary increases every day, it seems. Our favorite is still "neigh", which is what she says when she sees a horse. However, the funny part is how she says it. It sounds like she was born in Alabama....NAAAy says the horse. Hilarious!
Bella can also read! Well, we say that she can. She has several books that she has memorized, so when we pause, she will fill in the word. Her favorite is Moo, Baa, La La La by Sandra Boynton (Thank you Jennifer and Michael Emerson!).
Her favorite accessory this weekend has been the new slippers that Granny-Great mailed to her on Friday. They are little green ducks and she won't take them off!!! I hope it's not raining on Monday, because I'm not sure if she will let us put her tennis shoes on.
Unfortunately, the return to school has also meant the return of the dreaded back-to-school germs. All three of us have been ill. Bella has an ear infection, but her antibiotics have kicked in and she feels much better. Anthony and I are both fighting sinus infections. We have been so icky and lazy this weekend, but I'm hoping that we are feeling better this evening.
This month is already crazy busy. Our wonderful friends Matt and Kelli Elser will be having their little boy tomorrow afternoon around 3 p.m. He will join older brother Nolan (Bella's future husband). So, if we're feeling better, there will be one (perhaps more!) trip to the hospital to greet Little Man Junior. We have plans to visit family over the next few weeks. Then I head to Austin for three days for the NACAC and JSEA Conferences. Whew!
Our batteries are kaput in the camera right now, but I should be able to remedy that tomorrow afternoon. Then I will post some pics for everyone!
3 comments:
Yay for a Basso Family update...it's been quite awhile...good thing I see you almost every day, Courtney, so I can always keep up on the busy life of my beautiful Goddaughter!
We hope you feel better soon so we can see you. Much love!
Kelli & boys (all three of them!!!)
Yay for Boynton!! I LOVE Moo Baa La La La, one of my faves! How is it that you come to Austin AFTER we move?!?! Let me know if you're ever in Dallas, sweets!
Hey future in-laws: HA HA. You know I have trouble remembering to tie my shoes in the morning, let alone updating the blog. Goodness gracious!
Yay for your new addition! He's adorable!
Post a Comment