Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hats for Sale! (And Candles, Too)

Happy Fall-Is-Almost-Here! Is everyone ready for some leaf-raking and apple-picking?

One of my co-workers, Claire, has an extremely talented daughter. I believe this young woman is only 11 or 12, but she has taught herself to knit. She has started selling her wares and I was one of the lucky firsts to get my hands on a few hats and a purse for Bellaboo. We wanted a hat to match her winter coat, and we got a purse as well. (Bella wasn't too excited to sit for the pictures, but she has thoroughly enjoyed the purse!)

Speaking of young entrepreneurs...Bella is participating in her first school fundraiser! She is selling candles and other "smellies". Let us know if you are interested: candles are $7 and $12 and will be delivered by mid-October. We practiced with Bella on her salesmanship and this is how it went:

Me: "Bella, can you ask, 'Would you like to buy a candle?'"

Bella: "Yes, please! For me?"

Finally, we'll leave you with a sample of our typical evening. Bella loves to try on my shoes and be a "Bella-rina"...especially when she can find mismatched socks.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Can I have a daughter just like her, please?
"I'll take one Bella Boo!"

Basso Family said...

That is one of the best compliments a mom can ever receive! Your children will be just as wonderful as you and Michael are, kiddo!

Jennifer said...

Well, it's true! *sigh* I can only hope so, one day....